"You either sacrifice today to reach tomorrow's goals, or you give up your dreams in favor of the fleeting comfort that's distracting you." Dave Griffin
Although there are different definitions of physical fitness, basically ...
Physical Fitness is a state of well-being with a low risk of premature health problems
and energy to participate in a variety of physical activities.
There are 5 Components of Physical Fitness
all are important in a health-focused fitness plan
1. Cardiovascular Fitness - the ability of the heart, lungs and vascular system to deliver oxygen-rich blood to working muscles during sustained physical activity. Aerobic exercise improves cardiovascular fitness.
click here for more information on aerobic exercise
2. Muscular Strength - the amount of force a muscle or muscle group can exert against a heavy resistance. Anaerobic exercise improves muscular strength.
click here for more information on strength training
3. Muscular Endurance - the ability of a muscle or muscle group to repeat a movement many times or to hold a particular position for an extended period of time. Both aerobic exercise and anaerobic exercise can improve muscular endurance.
4. Flexibility - the degree to which an individual muscle will lengthen. Stretching improves flexibility.
5. Body Composition - the amount of fat mass and lean mass (muscle, bones, organs etc.) in the body. Both aerobic exercise and anaerobic exercise can improve the proportion of lean mass to fat mass in the body.
... Knowing the 5 components of physical fitness is important in developing a well-rounded fitness program that focuses on improving all aspects of Physical Fitness for optimal health and wellness.